Thursday, March 22, 2012

Week 3/19-3/25: Managing Stress: Part 3

In chapter 8 of the textbook the author describes the ventilation approach to express one’s anger. I chose this term or concept because I tend to use this approach too often. The book would classify me as an anger-in person due to my discussing the conflict or anger with other people like my boyfriend, dad, sister, friend, or coworker. In many cases, I feel it necessary to understand a situation before I judge it, and I gather other’s opinions to cross-reference it I am interpreting a heightened conflict properly. In doing so, I may overshare or vent to the wrong person.
I know this is a quality I need to fix as I may be focusing on the wrong inflicted on myself, and should focus on what I may have done to receive this reaction to a problem. When I feel the urge to share, I use the S-LTC system. This has worked effectively in many situations, and practicing more and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment