Monday, April 2, 2012
Week 4/2-4/8: Managing Face & Managing Conflict through Forgiveness: Part 1
I am a member of the social networking website Facebook. I present myself as a professional young woman in a committed relationship that loves to travel, to spend time with family and friends. I rarely post any comments about the absurd thoughts that may pop into my head or the meaningless things people now give meaning to on these websites. I simply have a Facebook to keep in contact with relatives and friends that no longer live nearby. I do not hope someone gets any impression about my life at all. The only things I wish people would not post on their social network webpage are pictures of me that I do not like. People such as employers or family may see those pictures. None of them are outrageous, but I do not want my boss or grandma knowing I went to Sally’s house to watch the UFC and drank a couple beers. I like to have a somewhat private life since it is usually not a great idea that everyone you know, knows everything you do all day every day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Very well said, I totally agree with you. I am glad to know that I am not the only one who seldom writes anything on my wall, you think the same was as I do about Facebook as a medium to stay connected. Many of my acquaintances view Facebook as a medium to show off, which I totally disapprove off and especially when they tag me in their pictures. Not always do I get offended, but sometimes I do not like the way they use others in their own pictures to glorify themselves. I have seen most sensible people getting carried away and putting their own private life in public. Nowadays, your social networking activity is scanned similar to background check that helps the future employer create an impression about the candidate, so it is extremely important to be aware of the activities on your own wall at Facebook, Twitter or Linkden.
ReplyDeleteI think that its very important for those that view your page to paint a picture of the person you may be. I feel that facebook can be a great tool for some, but a bad tool for most. I think many people use the site recklessly and dont know what you can be doing by portraying yourself a certain way or by allowing people to place a negative judgement on one. I think that its very important for you to have such a passion to allow the public to see you in a positive and professional light. People really need to take the time to really think about what they may be posting because we are judge these days by social medias. Great Post.
ReplyDelete