Saturday, April 14, 2012

Week 4/9-4/15: Managing Conflict from a Theoretical Perspective: Part 3

The concept for this week I choose is the psychodynamic theory. This theory explains due to people’s intrapersonal issues they experience conflict. Those issues are defines as emotional, mental, and psychological, and those persons lash out at the wrong people or for the wrong initial issue.

Today, a co-worker and I were talking about women, and how we become physically, and mentally morphed when we are on our monthly cycle. All of the women reading this know this is true, and all of you men are shaking your heads in agreement when I say, “We are different animals during this time.” However, with enough years that have gone by, I have been able to manage my mood swings, and lashings on the unexpected neighbor or boyfriend. I know when to expect the morphing stage, and better prepare for an emotional breakdown. Moreover, when times are stressful the psychodynamic theory comes into play, and a small disagreement may arise for the wrong reason and taken out on the wrong person. 

2 comments:

  1. I like your choice for additional topic of choice. Psychodynamic theory. The explanation of the theory is interesting. I think it is very true that people react or act a certain way because of their interpersonal issues. I have definitely experienced times when I have lashed out at people that had nothing to do with the "real" issue. Unfortunately I think a lot of the time we take our feelings of frustration and anger out on people that did not cause these feelings. I think it is good that you know there is a certain time of each month that you need to control your emotions more than usual. 

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a hilarious topic of conversation to be having at work! I do agree with you though. Women do turn into a different person during that time of month. It's the same though with people and many things... we can turn into completely different people when put into different situations. I think that the strong people out there can catch when they are doing it and make a change. it's easy to let thing sin your life affect what's not easy is being able to identify things that trigger you and find ways to over come them. But overcoming these things I think makes us stringer communicators.

    ReplyDelete