Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Week 4/2-4/8: Managing Face & Managing Conflict through Forgiveness: Part 3

For spring break I went to a bachelorette party in San Diego. The bride-to-be is a good friend, but I did not know many of the other girls attending the social gathering. Two of the other girls I had met in the past, but were more acquaintances than friends. These girls like to party more than I had ever seen people party in my life. I knew I had experienced a lot of craziness in my life, but this was a 24hour drink fest from the moment our flight landed at 11am on Friday until 1pm Monday afternoon.

Sunday was supposed to be the relaxing day by the pool. However, this was absolutely not the case. We attended a brunch on the water, and the restaurant served bottomless champagne with the fancy buffet. This is exactly what happened with all the girls but me and another girl who had to drive home after brunch. Since we had partied until 5am, I was not feeling very well, so I didn’t join them. It lasted for hours, and was a shit-show. I helped the other girl get to her car. While this was all happening one of the girls “tried” to secretly” ask another if I was mad, and was going to stay that way. It seems to me this situation has caused some emotional residue that I am trying to get past. I felt a sense of betrayal and was a little hurt, but knowing she was drunk, I am feeling a lot less hurt. But emotional residue can be a dangerous thing. Those transgressions can linger and cause a relationship to fail before it can begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment