When searching online for the word forgiveness it produced the definition, many websites about the bible, and the scientific understanding of the psychology of forgiving. I can really understand why the term religion was a topic when I typed in this word. The bible and God is often referred to as being forgiving, and many people turn to this thought to be forgiven. I am not really sure of why the psychology of forgiving would be a popular topic, maybe, when someone has lost a loved one due to a hurtful act it takes a scientific approach to understand others actions.
When searching online for the word reconciliation it produced many more definitions than forgiveness, again, the topic of religion, political and banking. Religion came up because of the Catholic Sacrament of Reconciliation. This is the most popular religion in the United States; so many people tend to look this phrase up. Numerous people reconcile their debts into one lump, thus the reason of banking to come up. Divorce is also another word because many couples like to reconcile before the head for that direction.
When searching online for the word revenge produced television series, and movies named, “Revenge”. Often the word triggered games, company names, and more movies. This is due to people being more interested in visually watching these types of acts rather than watching something that incorporates bunnies, hugging, and love. The mass population would rather see blood, guts, and simply hear a good story on revenge.
None of the words triggered more websites than another. It seems as though the internet has an infinite amount of pages.
I totally agree with you that forgiveness yields all psychological and religious hits on the net. Forgiving is related to god because Jesus, the epitome of love and kindness forgave the people who crucified him. There is no better example of forgiveness than Jesus’ life given in this world. Besides, every religion preaches that god almighty is the biggest forgiver because he forgives all our sins and loves and blesses us unconditionally Forgiveness is not very easy as it might sound; there are people who go through interpersonal injuries that cause continuous torture while keeping grudges against someone who have offended them. In such cases forgiveness is the only way to overcome their pain and agony and move on with life. Psychologically, forgiveness is good for the offended as it helps him to combat mental regression and look at life positively again.
ReplyDeleteAs I browsed for the word forgiveness, I too had found a lot of religious websites. Like you mentioned, the bible does base a lot of its beliefs on forgiveness. Reconciliation had the same results as well. I feel that forgiveness and reconciliation go hand and hand. Once one forgives another, it is much easier to reconcile an old flame or friendship. When I searched the word revenge, I too scene a lot of game and television shows as well. Revenge is a very strong word and it gets the attention of many people. That is why I fell that many game and television shows are named after the word revenge.
ReplyDelete