Sunday, February 5, 2012

Violence Cycle

In Chapter two for our textbook, the author describes the violence cycle. I find this area of conflict very fascinating because this is such an extremity that I cannot understand it first-hand. I have never been in a fight nor have I been hit by anyone. Verbal aggression/abuse, and physical aggression has not been conflicted on me, but I have seen it in my upbringing at home and at school.

One of the main reasons I find it fascinating is how violent people will get in a small conflict. There are people in jail because they killed or abused someone for the most unimportant reasons. People also become violent for reasons other than conflict.

There is a chemical imbalance in many people’s brains that have been linked with violence. With this scan there has been a controversial matter that has risen. People are asking the question, can we perform brain scans and imprison people for having a brain that will most likely break the law in a violent way? This is scary, but true.

No comments:

Post a Comment