Saturday, May 12, 2012

Week 5/7-5/13: Creativity and the Ideal Conflict Manager: Part 2

Summarize what you liked most and what you liked least about this class. In other words, what were the strengths and weaknesses of this class? Would you recommend this class to other students? Why or why not? I have taken more online classes at San Jose State than I have in-person classes, and I absolutely loved how the blog assignments and responses were all due by the end of the week but 12 hours apart. I have a class where the assignments and responses BOTH had to be 24 hours apart and this was difficult to manage when other projects and papers were also due. I liked the option to be able to do the conflict project either all alone or as a group. I work full-time and take 11 units each semester, so flexibility is needed. Often a professor assigns a project for a group, and only 1/3 or ½ of the group participates. I enjoyed how responsive and available the professor was. The idea to be available in IM is genius!! I disliked was how much lead time was given for projects. I am a person that likes to get a SUPER head start knowing the middle and end of the semester get crammed with assignments, quizzes, projects, and papers. I also liked least that this class did not have a final study guide since it is a cumulative test. I have found that cumulative tests are difficult to study for since it is 16 weeks of material. Not knowing which answers were wrong on tests was also hard for me. I never know which terms, concepts, etc., are wrong so statistically it is expected that I will also get those answers wrong on the final questions. I would highly recommend this class to another student. In fact, a coworker of mine was admitted into SJSU for the Fall 2012 semester and I have requested she take this class!! It is easy to manage, the professor is responsive, understanding, and knows how to teach remotely.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you it was nice to be able to IM with the professor. It elevates the trouble of trying to connect with the professor through email. I agree with you on the no study guide it is actually the only class I have that doesn't have one.

    ReplyDelete